50 Cent shelled out money for the funeral procession of a teenage girl gunned down in New York. According to allhiphop.com, the girl was reported to have been the incorrect target of the violence. D'aja Robinson was a 14-year old shot in the head while on the bus in Jamaica Queens. Deep down inside every hard exterior lies a wonderful man full of good deeds. This week's man of those good deeds is rapper 50 Cent. Though 50 Cent is known for beefs and at the same time dope' music, he evens it out with thoughtful acts like this one. Many people are not aware of the extent of 50 Cent's humanitarian side. As media is very quick to report the negative sides of an artist, I've put together a list showing the good efforts of 50 as well. Every artist with enough money in the bank should give back as much as possible towards the good of humanity. However, we can't help but see what most tend to care the most about which is the foreign cars and nights at the strip clubs. Knowing your background lifted your spirits to grind harder and make a better way, is reason enough to grind just as hard to make a better way of life. Kudos to entertainers like 50 Cent who are doing just that.
50 Cent donates proceeds to Somalians
1. 50 Cent visited Somalia and met with many families who were poverty-stricken. As a result, he started a campaign to fight for the cause donating proceeds from his energy drink, 'Street King' to feed the needy.
50's 'Playground' publication
2. The rapper/humanitarian wanted to show support for anti-bullying by speaking from the perspective of being a former bully. Cleaning up his image of beefs and going at people for no logical reason, 50 Cent became an author. According to 50 in a recent interview, the book is a periodical to assist bullies in making conscientious decisions when it comes to bullying others. It is titled, 'Playground.' Click here to purchase the book.
The G-Unity Foundation
3. The G-Unity Foundation was started by 50 Cent in 2003 to grant non-profit organizations the ability to help with low-income neighborhoods. The foundation itself hosts bone marrow drives, gives out scholarships to students in need, and many other humanitarian efforts. To donate or check out the information on the G-Unity Foundation, click here for website.
50 supports LIFEbeat
4. 50 Cent supports LIFEbeat which is an organization that prides itself on youth providing HIV and AIDS awareness. It uses music industry heavyweights like 50 Cent to help spread awareness and to support its efforts. Click here to visit website.
Shriners Hospital has 50's support
6. Shriners Hospital for Children is well-known for being a top-notch facility of care for children with terminal illnesses. For those under 18 years of age, the hospital takes patients in free of charge. The hospital has saved the lives of over 800,000 children who have been seen there. 50 Cent is a supporter of Shriner's as well. Click here for website.