1. Work really hard daily at your craft- Football requires focus and hard work, even when you are a "gifted" athlete. Players must get up and show up mentally and physically. Players may love the game but they still have their work cut out for them.
2. Practice losing gracefully- Winning is great fun but it's not going to always happen. Make sure you learn how to lose gracefully, no need to get angry simple review your role in the loss and figure ways to make it better. Losing does make you a loser!
3. No sex before the big game- additional physical activity can change your game, it can make you weak in the knees. Keep all sexually activity for the celebratory events after the wins or for the much needed reinforcement after a loss.
4. Pray to your higher or lower power-PRAYER WORKS even when its to the porcelain gods while puking.
5. DO NOT SMOKE THE LEGALIZED WEED… IT SLOWS YOU DOWN- Watching the 2013 Super Bowl between the Denver Broncos and the Seattle Seahawks proves several theories about the legalization of marijuana. The argument for smoking weed is that it calms you down, it mellows you out, it makes you chill. And chill is what they did during this game even after perfecting the previous four steps above. Proving the weed really down slow things down, it slowed several plays during this Super Bowl.
Better luck next time and be sure not to do anything that will slow the progress of your hard work.