LA dog lovers who are leaving town for the holidays without their pup will want to check out these 5 tips from the folks at www.dogvacay.com, an online community that has over 10,000 vetted and insured dog sitters across the country ready to care for your dog like a member of their family.
1. Give your DogVacay host a heads up if your dog is not well socialized. During this time of year, many visitors come in and out of homes.
2. Make sure your host knows about keeping food and treats out of your dog's reach.
3. Check your host's house for poinsettias and mistletoes. These plants can upset a pup’s digestive system, cause vomiting and/or fatal heart problems if consumed.
4. Make sure your host offers a safe and secure space for your doggie on the New Year’s Eve holiday. Dogs have been known to dig under fences and break through windows in order to escape the loud sounds of fireworks.
5. Use the Code 1Blissdog for $10.00 off your dog's first reservation.