Are you dealing with difficult people a lot? Do you find angry people everywhere? Superdog Abby, the world's Zen-est pooch has five tips that show you how to be happier and win-win when you "pee on it and walk away."
If you're having trouble in your relationships with bosses, spouses, family members or strangers, here are 5 tips from the book “Pee On It and Walk Away: How to Stay Stress-Free Among Difficult People. Life Lessons from Superdog Abby” that can help you have happier, healthier relationships with just about anyone.
1. Like Attracts Like - What part may you be playing in the drama in your life? Are you contributing even 5%? Happiness starts with you. If you are cranky, you will attract cranky. If you are happy and appreciate what you have consistently, happiness will soon follow.
2. Hang Out with People (or Dogs) Who Bring Out Your Best - Trade-up. Hang out with a positive, fun pack who encourages you. If you're not very social, find a group of people who don't like to talk. Is there a meetup or organization in your area where you can go and hang out? Your body and soul thrive on good company.
3. Eat Properly – Seriously. Don't run or walk on empty. We need fuel to think better and to make wiser decisions. When you have a full stomach you are less likely to bie someone's head off. Healthy foods. The closer to Nature the better. Processed foods, refined sugars, can affect your mood for the worse. More greens and less snack cakes.
4. Take A Nap - Learn to do this with your eyes open, standing up. Also, make the time to rest. Your body needs to refuel. Sleep, meditate, even for 5 minutes. Run into a closet and take 5 deep breaths. You are not a hero if you exhaust yourself for your job, spouse, children, friends, you are just worn out.
5. Cultivate a/Your Inner Spiritual Practice - Choose something that comforts your soul and makes your heart sing. Everyday. Several times a day. All True Paths lead to Heaven.
Adapted from Esther Yang and Roger Ziegler's book "Pee On It and Walk Away: How to Stay Stress Free Among Difficult People. Life Lessons from Superdog Abby.”
Funny, simple wisdoms that create Everybody Wins solutions to life's challenging and most difficult situations. www.peeandwalk.com