Keep in mind that Tennessee is one the fastest growing states in the nation. We are attractive because of our location, economy and labor ready workforce. Nashville is known as the "Greece of the South" because we offer more colleges than any other Southern state in one regional area. One can fly to New York in 2 hours, Chicago in 45 minutes and Fort Lauderdale in record time as well. What's not to like? So keep your head up and focus on networking and building your skills and showcasing them with job-winning resumes, head-hunting looking linkedin profiles and the best bio's this side of the Mason-Dixon line! Be sure to run to www.jobs4tn.gov and upload your resumes as well. Get your references in order and build at least 100 to 500 connections on your social media site with relevant industry related connections. Take a look at this weeks events to see if anyone of these sparks your interests:
- AmeriCorps NCCC application deadline for our Winter 2014 term is fast approaching on October 1, 2014. For more information, see Your World. Your Chance to Make it Better. Find out how: www.americorps.gov/nccc. Follow us on Twitter @AmeriCorpsNCCC. Like us on Face Book http://www.facebook.com/AmeriCorpsNCCC. For additional information, See Katrina Mathis, Corporation for National & Community Service, Assistant Director of Recruitment & Partnerships, AmeriCorps NCCC 202.606.6701
- Inaugural Small Business to Business Expo. Come see what all our small and home-based businesses have to offer! Tuesday, Oct. 1 * 5-7 p.m. Wilma Rudolph Event Center * 1188 Cumberland Drive. Light Refreshments Will Be Served. Free For Chamber Members For more information, contact Yvonne Pickering at email@example.com.
- Licensed Health Agents. Currently sourcing for 50+ Licensed Agents to accept in bound as well as placing outbound call calls from associates who are enrolling in health care plans. The project would begin Mid-October of this year and end Mid-December. The role will be more consultative in nature with come sales acumen. Contact via email firstname.lastname@example.org Joy Mitchell, Temporary Professionals, Inc., P 615-690-5980 F 615-690-5981 112 Westwood Place, Suite 150, Brentwood, TN 37027.
- Job Fair on Thursday, October 3, 2013 @ Career Center 350 Pageant Lane 9 am to 1 pm. Apply online @ www.metokote.com. Job openings: Coating Operator, Maintenance Tech, Line Lead.
- Job & Resource Fair @ Tennessee Rehabilitation Center, Wednesday, October 23, 2013, 10 am to 2 pm 1575 Corporate Parkway Boulevard, Clarksville, TN 931.648.5560.