We know it is hard to find the time to do any special projects with your kids. Just in case you find some time, here are some quick and easy projects that can keep you and your children occupied, learning and most important, having fun!
1) Javelin target Practice- Join together pool rings noodles in your backyard by making circles. Use different color noodles for different point value system. You can shorten another pool noodle to use as a javelin or use a baseball, soccer ball or whatever sport your kids like best.
2) Create a racetrack- this can be created by also using pool noodles. Take a noodle by splitting it in half, connect them together side-by-side using tape. Make sure to make it long and downhill for more fun. Take two marbles; preferably different colors that race one another. You can go here to find a ton of ideas for things to do with pool noodles.
3) Toilet Paper Bird Feeder- what you need: toilet paper rolls, bird feed, string and peanut butter. Spread the peanut butter on the toilet paper rolls, then gently roll the rolls onto a plate with the laid out bird seed. Then simply tie the rolls together with the strings or ribbon if you have either. Last, hang them up on a tree outside and wait for the birds.
4) Treasure Hunt- You will need, permanent markers of assorted colors, paper and used coffee grinds and a ribbon. Go to your backyard, and bury some treasure you know your kid would love. Next, take your white paper and create a map using only pictures of your backyard to where the treasure is. Next, used the used coffee grinds to make sure picture look old, tear up the corners and wrinkle the page. Last roll up the map and tie it off with a ribbon to make it look like an old treasure map.
5) Send a letter to your favorite Disney Character- You can have your child send a letter to their favorite Disney character in Florida and they will send you an 8x10-autographed photo back! This can be a fun afternoon project that they can wait and receive later.