Gentle readers, 20,000 seafood lovers can’t be wrong.
The 32nd Annual St. Augustine Lions Seafood & Music Festival in St. Augustine this weekend.
The Lions usually draw about 20,000 festival goers from in and around northeast Florida.
And proceeds benefit Lions Club charities.
Stand by for seafood
By all accounts seafood any way you want it and by the ton.
One of the festival sponsors is Fresh From Florida Gulf Seafood.
The music just gets better & better
Of course, there’s live bluegrass, folk and country music.
This year’s headliner is local folk music heroes Lonesome Bert & the Skinny Lizards, with frontman Bert Hodge, Palatka, Fla., native.
If you haven’t heard their hits “Roswell” and “ What Do We Do When The Last Old Hippie Dies?” you’re in for a very special GR8RJax™ treat.
Then there are three more days of other regional and local favorites as well.
All little something for everyone
Here’s what else is in store:
- Pirate Landing & Pirate Magic
- Kids Zone
- Chances to win free groceries, cash & other prizes
- Over 100 arts & crafts exhibitors with affordable goods
In short, loosen up, re-up your fresh seafood quotient and shell out for a worthy cause.
32nd Annual St.Augustine Lion's Seafood & Music Festival
- Fri., Mar. 1 3-9 p.m., Sat., Mar. 2, 10 a.m.-9 p.m., Sun., Mar. 3, 11 a.m.-5 p.m.
- No pets or coolers allowed.
- Admission: $2, Kids under 12 & under FREE
- Francis Field,
- 29 W. Castillo Drive,
- St. Augustine, Fla. 32084
- Info Hotline: 904-825-0850
- Phone: 904-829-1753
- Fax: 904-824-4325
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
©2013 All rights reserved.
OFFICIAL BIO: K Truitt is a second-generation, native Floridian born in Jacksonville. Truitt worked in public higher education for 25 years and knows newspaper publishing, printing and graphic design. Contact: email@example.com