• 3/4 cup Hungry Jack® Complete Buttermilk Pancake & Waffle Mix (Just Add Water)
• 1/3 cup water
• 1/4 cup Hungry Jack® Original Syrup
• 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
• 1 cup frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed, chopped into bite-sized pieces
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 4 (3-inch round) sausage patties*
• Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
• 1 tablespoon butter
• 1/3 cup diced red pepper
• 4 large eggs
• 1/8 teaspoon salt
1. For Pancakes: HEAT griddle or skillet on medium heat (350°F.)
2. WHISK pancake mix, water and syrup in medium bowl. Stir in cheese, potatoes and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cook sausage patties as directed on package.
3. COAT griddle or skillet with no-stick cooking spray. Pour 2 tablespoons batter on griddle, spreading batter to make a 3-inch circle or by using 3-inch pancake molds, coated with no-stick cooking spray. Repeat to make 7 more pancakes. Cook 2 minutes or until golden brown. Turn. Cook second side 2 minutes.
4. For Eggs: MELT butter in large skillet. Add red pepper. Cook and stir about 1 minute. Whisk eggs and salt in small bowl. Pour into skillet with peppers. Cook slightly, then shape into four 3-inch circles about the same size as the pancakes and sausage.
5. PLACE one pancake on plate. Top with egg, cooked sausage patty and another pancake to make breakfast sandwich. Repeat with remaining ingredients to make 3 more sandwiches.
TIP * If using pre-made sausage patties, flatten slightly into 3-inch rounds, if necessary.
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 15 min