Lovers of Shakespeare will want to keep Friday, Aug. 30, open for “Twelfth Night,” the first 2013-2014 production of Grand Canyon University’s Ethington Theatre. The 311-seat theater, located at 3300 W. Camelback Road in Phoenix, is also used for dance and music recitals and digital film screenings. This year brings a few new additions: LED lighting and a 30-foot revolving stage piece.
2013-2014 season shows
- William Shakespeare’s “Twelfth Night,” Aug. 30-Sept. 1 and Sept. 6-8, 2013
- Eugene O’Neill’s “Ah, Wilderness!” Oct. 11-13 and 18-20, 2013
- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart’s “Cosi Fan Tutte,” Nov. 22-24 and Nov. 29-Dec. 1, 2013
- C.S. Lewis’ “The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe,” Feb. 7-9 and 14-16, 2014
- Stephen Sondheim’s “Into the Woods,” April 4-6 and 11-13, 2014
For details about these shows, click “View the list” below.
In addition to the above, during the year there will be several student-directed plays and performances by a student improvisational comedy troupe.
Enjoy this article? Receive email alerts when new articles are available. Just click on Subscribe above.
Follow me on Twitter @DorisNehrbass.