Children, according to many are God's most precious gift to the world. That may well be true, but children don't stay that way. They ultimately become of age and society expects a return on the investment. Without parental consent, little Jack and little Jane will be all grown up - ready or not?
Parents cannot be expected to see, hear, and feel everything their children encounter while growing up, but one thing is clear. Childhood is more than likely the shortest period of life, but it's also the most remembered and often times referred to as when most lessons in life were taught with the most impact.
Here's a list of 10 tips that will assist you in making the best of childhood while paving the road to success as adults. These, of course are not all inclusive, but will provide the framework needed to help youngsters feel confident and ready as they cross the threshold of adulthood.
1. Open & honest age appropriate communication
2. Smile intentionally @ ur children
3. Laugh & be silly with them when the opportunity arises
4. Separate your entertainment from theirs
5. Answer questions honestly even if you don't know the answer
6. Spend quality alone time with each child for a minimum of an hour each week -
7. Ask about school & homework
8. Show up & support ALL extra curricular activities
9. Set clear boundaries, rules & consequences
10. Say please, thanks, excuse mr and I love you as often as you can