Mt. Dora, Florida holds many treasures for locals and tourists alike. Since it's opening in 2005 One Flight Up Café is the cafe experience you just can't miss. Located at 440 N Donnelly St, Mt Dora, FL 32757 in the heart of historic downtown.
The following list gives you 10 reasons that make One Flight Up Café a must do on your next trip to Mt. Dora, night out on the town, or evening spent with friends.
Historic Downtown Mt. Dora, Florida
1. One Flight Up is located in the heart of historic downtown Mt. Dora, Florida. Surrounded by shops and services that will tickle any visitor's fancy. From antiques, boutiques, cupcakes, doggie shops, book shops and more after your fabulous lunch or dinner at One Flight Up there's surely something to catch your eye.
The flight up to one flight up
2. One Flight Up Cafe is... well, literally one flight up of stairs from the street to the fabulous cafe with the friendliest staff you'll ever want to meet.
Delicious Harvest Chicken Salad Sandwich and bowl of Chicken Tuscany soup
3. The menu. The menu is a combination of wonderful, healthy and made fresh daily meals for every budget and taste along with tempting sinfully good desserts.
One Flight Up Cafe balcony
4. Not only does One Flight Up's balcony give you the best view of downtown Mt. Dora it is also where you can sit with your fur baby and enjoy lunch.
One Flight Up is doggie friendly. Pups are only allowed on the balcony not inside the cafe dining room or lounge areas, but this makes for a great stop after a long walk around town or a playful romp in the park.
The JLB Creatives Publishing Team on Skype during a meeting
5. Free Wifi. One Flight Up is more than dog friendly they're tech friendly too. Cafe customers can enjoy surfing the net on their wifi enabled devices while sipping a Chai Latte.
As seen in this photo the JLB Creatives Publishing Florida team, who meet at One Flight Up regularly, use the wifi to Skype in with the Michigan parts of the team for a full staff meeting. Sure beats some stuffy conference room.
Red Velvet Frappuccino
6. Fabulous coffee house drinks made to order. How can you not want to visit a place that serves a Red Velvet Frappuccino?
There are other wonderful flavors as well like strawberry, vanilla, Irish Cream. Lattes, frappucinnos, espresso, cappucinno, fine wine, domestic or imported beers or just a plain cup of fresh brewed delicious coffee you can't go wrong with any of the above.
You will be entertained
7. Live entertainment. Five nights a week you can enjoy local singers and musicians. They also have a Team Trivia night for those who enjoy a battle of the minds. Check out their calendar for the next upcoming event.
Comforts of Home
8. One Flight Up offers all the comforts of home. Instead of sitting in the cafe proper or on the balcony, you and your friends can enjoy the lush comfort of the lounge areas. Just like home, only better treats and you don't have to cook!
Desserts to die for.
9. One Flight up's menu offers decadent desserts like mouth watering and delightfully rich chocolate fudge cake pictured here. Does that tempt you? How about Apple Pie Crock a la Mode? Or Blueberry Cheesecake Crumble? This writer can verify that the carrot cake is just as marvelous as any of the above.
One Flight Up Reserved
10. Need a quiet place to meet like JLB Creatives Publishing, or just want to have a private afternoon or evening with friends? One Flight Up has this lovely meeting room with a lounge area, tall cafe table that seats 4, and a lower large table that will seat six comfortably. You get all the great cafe perks for your meeting also. WiFi and the same spectacular and friendly service as the regular part of the cafe. The Reserve room must be booked in advance of your meeting for accomodation. It's a very popular spot to conduct business.
One Flight Up Goodness
I did mention the Red Velvet Frappuccino right? Trust a cafe regular your taste buds will be very happy with one of these or maybe an Irish Cream Latte, or...
One Flight Up Cafe of Mt. Dora, Florda
Now, you have 10 great reasons to head down to One Flight Up in the historic downtown Mt. Dora.
Visit their website or just drop by 440 N Donnelly St, Mt Dora, FL 32757. Maybe I'll see you there.