One thing you'll want to check out when in Florida is the State Parks. Being located in Jacksonville you can easily travel to several different parks on a tank of gas or less. If your planning your summer adventures you might want to add a few of these to the bucket list. State Parks are a great way to explore on a budget. The entry fee is minimal , pack a lunch and your on your way.
- Little Talbot Island State Park
- Big Talbot Island State Park
- Anastasia State Park
- Fanning Springs State Park
- Flagler Beach State Park
- Dudley Farm Historic State Park
- Devil's Millhopper Geological State Park
- Amelia Island State Park
- Gold Head Branch State Park
- Fort George Island Cultural State Park
- Little Talbot Island is known for miles of sandy beach and is located off of Heckscher Drive here in Jacksonville.
- Then you have Big Talbot Island also here in Jacksonville off of A1A North. Big Talbot Island is more of a nature preserve and a great place to do some nature photography and bird watching.
- Anastasia State Park is not to far away in St.Augustine Florida. This park has camping, fishing, and your normal beach fun for the family.
- Fanning Springs State Park is one of my personal favorites located a bit of a drive from Jacksonville . Located on the Suwannee River you'll find a gorgeous blue spring to cool off on them hot summer days.
- Flagler Beach State Park is known for the great beach conditions. They now even rent kayaks, canoes and bikes for family enjoyment.
- Dudley Farm Historic State Park is just a tank of gas away in Newberry. When you visit Dudley Farm you'll find a historic working farm, hands on demonstrations, crafts and even old fashioned games to play.
- Devil's Millhopper State Park in Gainesville is a great place to spend an afternoon hiking.
- Amelia Island State Park is an easy drive from Jacksonville. Pack a lunch and plan on spending the day on horseback. You won't be sorry that you took the day to explore this park.
- Gold Head Branch State Park in Keystone Heights has some of the cutest cabins to stay in and they are very budget friendly. Pack some smore's and get ready to spend the weekend fishing, hiking and riding bikes.
- Lastly, we have Fort George Island Cultural State Park right here in Jacksonville. Spend an afternoon exploring by boat , doing some fishing and even a little bit of hiking.
These are only a few of the parks from Florida's vast parks system. Each one has its own unique special property. Take a bit to enjoy the areas around your city and tell us what makes them special!
Fanning Springs State Park
Fanning Springs State park is located in Fanning Springs, Florida. A bit of a drive from Jacksonville but in my opinion well worth the drive. Pack a picnic and get ready to cool off on a hot summers day in this gorgeous blue water.
Anastasia State Park
Anastasia is found in St.Augustine. Enjoy a day on this no driving beach. Plenty of sea gulls, if you are so inclined you can see about setting up the tent. Enjoy the fishing and just a moments ride from downtown.
Mike Roses Gold Head State Park
Located in Keystone Heights Florida get away from the city life and enjoy a quite evening camping by the lake. Gold head has some very budget friendly cozy cabins for rental. Along with bike riding, fishing, and canoeing a good time will surely be had.
Little Talbot Island
Located right here in Jacksonville Little Talbot Island is a great place to explore the beach, soak up the sun, let the kids fish and so much more.