These zombie Halloween popcorn treats combine some spooky green Jello, marshmallows and of course, candy ala All Hallows' Eve.
To make these flavored popcorn treats fit the occasion even more, try crumbling up some Oreo cookies into the bottom of a pan to create some tasty candy dirt. Add Gummi worms or black licorice to make it extra zombie-ish. Serve these zombie Halloween treats with some butterscotch Halloween treats or add other spooky Halloween popcorn treats to the Oreo dirt for a whole graveyard of characters.
The flavored zombie Halloween popcorn treats work well as treats for a party or for a school event.
- 2½ qts popcorn, popped
- 6 Tbsp margarine, butter
- 3 c. marshmallows
- 4 Tbsp gelatin powder, lime-flavored
- Halloween candy: candy corn, red gum balls, green sprinkles and green fruit leather.
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper or parchment paper.
- Cut the fruit leather into thin strips. This becomes the zombie hair later.
- Pop the popcorn and set aside in a large bowl.
- Melt the margarine or butter on medium in a medium-sized saucepan.
- Add in the marshmallows. If you're not making homemade marshmallows, opt for minis. Stir until the mixture melts.
- Add in the Jello until the mixture becomes green.
- Pour over the popped popcorn.
- Add butter to your hands and then make the zombie Halloween treats shapes by forming ovals. Make 7 of them.
- Flatten the top of one to make a skull shape.
- Place on the lined baking pan.
- Make all the popcorn balls into zombie skulls.
- Decorate the skulls with the Halloween candy so that they look like faces. Stick the fruit leather into the heads for hair.
- Crush the Oreo cookies in a sealed plastic bag for better, less messy results.
- Line a plastic bowl that you find at the dollar store with orange and black napkin and then fill it with the crushed cookies, the licorice and the Gummi worms.
- Serve these zombie Halloween popcorn treats to your guests as you watch your favorite horror movie or after a night of trick-or-treating!
- For more popcorn treats recipes, watch the video attached to this article.