Zionsville schools: 8 violations of special education law

Indiana Department of Education
Indiana Department of Education
www.doe.in.gov

Comments

• Seattle Special Needs Issues Examiner 5 years ago

Great article. Sounds like the teachers there have their hearts and heads in the right place. Keep us posted.

:-)

• Jenn 5 years ago

Thanks for this note. Cheryl's one of the few special education teachers hired from outside the system. Eveyone else just played along with rules that weren't legal.

• Jeff 5 years ago

The question is, what will become of these violations? Will Zionsville correct their system or practice passive resistance?

• Profile picture of LISALT
    LISALT 4 years ago

What are those violations? What is the update on this?

What is happening to our special children. Once in high school our special needs children are being offered what Zionsville High schools calls "Life Skills" really? I'm really sorry but it seems to me that there are more to "Life Skills" then me handing over money so my child can order meals every day twice a day in a restaurant. As parents are we agreeing with Zionsville High School that our children will never be capable of more than this. I understand that the ability of some is greater than that of others, but come on people if we don't fight for more than ordering meals at McDonalds then that's all we will get. Ask yourself a question. Does your special needs child deserve more than what Zuionsville High School is offering? If we do not ask for change there can't be change. Our children deserve better it their right. It's the law. Change can't come if we don't demand change. Now I know there are others out there just like me. I am not the only one out here who wants better for our special needs child then what we are being force fed. IT'S TIME TO SPEAK UP!!! Please want better for your children. Our children are special they are unique. Stop the delay in their learning. Their time is now! Please fight for your child's rights! DEMAND MORE! DEMAND MORE NOW FROM ZIONSVILLE HIGH SCHOOL!

I agree, What can we do? Who do we contact?