For 2014 Zinfandel Advocates & Producers (ZAP) will be offering a new format and venues for the former Zinfandel Festival. America's heritage wine will be showcased in a series of events at The Presidio and The Four Seasons Hotel in San Francisco. “After listening to producers, members and attendee feedback, we’re thrilled to elevate the long-revered Festival to a more intimate experience," notes Rebecca Robinson, ZAP’s Executive Director. The new layout has been designed to deliver a more one to one experience and significant interactions for participants and producers alike.
“The new locations provide beautiful and historic settings and the re-imagined events, with their focus on tasting experiences, will offer discovery for both casual and devoted wine fans in an environment of warm camaraderie,” says Mark Vernon, President of Ridge Vineyards and ZAP President. The most notable change for the 2014 event takes place on Saturday, where the Grand Tasting of the past will change to three specific events in three separate buildings at the Presidio. There will be no more than 350 visitors in each session (Sessions begin at 10:00 AM, 1:00 PM and 4:00 PM. Tickets are limited.) Attendees will not be waiting in line, and will be able to talk to winemakers and taste their favorite Zinfandels. The new format offers a unique opportunity to interact with winery representatives and sample their wines.
The Zinfandel Experience consists of four events over three days:
- Thursday, January 23, 6:00 PM - 8:30 PM, Epicuria Food & Zinfandel Pairings: Sample sophisticated and whimsical culinary creations from master chefs, perfectly paired with 30 top Zinfandel wines. Immerse yourself in the Zinfandel culture as you mingle with winemakers, chefs and fellow wine lovers at this informal dine-around event at the Golden Gate Club.
- Friday, January 24, 10:30 AM – 1:00 PM, Flights! Forums of Flavors: Flights features a professional tasting seminar with a focus on highly allocated, limited production Zinfandels. Learn insights from the experts and experience the range, depth and character of the wines. ZAP will once again partner with the Historic Vineyard Society to present wines from exceptional old Zinfandel vineyards.
- Friday, January 24, 5:30 PM – 10:00 PM, Evening with the Winemakers: Re-live the fabulous forties at this great benefit with an inventive menu created by Mark Richardson, Executive Chef of Four Seasons Hotel San Francisco. Mingle at the swanky reception with 18 top Zinfandel winemakers and owners who craft the remarkable wines presented. Then, sit down to dinner with your host and savor surprise unveilings of wines personally selected for the evening.
- Saturday, January 25, 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM, Zinfandel Experience Tasting Tracks: Create your own itinerary to explore and sample. Select among three distinct and informative tracks that will take you on an in-depth and intimate Zinfandel tasting experience or participate in all three.
- Sensory Tasting: A fun and interactive foray into flavor.
- Reserve & Barrel Tasting: A tasting of the new and rare.
- Terroir Tasting: Expand your regional expertise.
To get the full schedule or more information about the all new Zinfandel Experience and order tickets, please visit http://www.zinfandel.org/experience or call 530-274-4900.