With all the distressing diet news about artificial sweeteners contributing to weight gain, one soda manufacturer is climbing on the weight loss wagon and challenging products like diet Coke and diet Pepsi with a unique formulation. Zevia is using monk fruit as a sweetener, adding it to stevia for a double win of all-natural zero-calorie taste.
Zevia now contains SweetSmart, a new purified stevia combined with monk fruit. The result is a soda with zero calories, no sugar, no high fructose corn syrup, zero glycemic index and no artificial sweeteners. It's also vegan, Kosher and gluten-free.
So we had to ask: Does it really taste good? We sampled a variety of flavors using the new formulation, and here are our taste test results (drum roll, please):
- Got a sweet tooth and love the flavor of black cherry ice cream? Go for Zevia All Natural Soda, Black Cherry flavor (click for more information).
- When flu attacks your household or you're not feeling well, ginger ale is a proven remedy. Skip the sugary version and get real ginger to soothe your tummy with Zevia All Natural Soda, Ginger Ale (click for details).
- Personal favorite: Strawberry flavor. This flavor tastes like freshly picked strawberries, and is ideal to serve between meals when you're trying to cut down on snacking. Find out more about Zevia All Natural Soda, Strawberry flavor by clicking here.
- Can't decide which fruit flavor to try (it also comes in orange, lemon lime, grapefruit and more)? Then go for Zevia All Natural Soda, Fruity Pack (click for details).
- And if you like diet Pepsi or diet Coke but don't like the artificial ingredients, click here for information about Zevia All Natural Soda, Lime Cola.