Zeus Griffin, a beacon for immigration reform

seal_immigration.jpg

Comments

• Cody Garcia 5 years ago

zeus is a grat person and friend if there is anyone that desrevs citizenship its him. He is living proof that if u really put ur mind to do somthing and not letting where u were born have anything to with it and acheving ur goal . I think its people like zeus that have every reason to be come a citizen .he has done alot more than most kids have done that are born here and the one thing about zeus is that he never gives up.

• Jodi Gus. 5 years ago

After reading this I could relate. My brother and I werent born in the United States. Im a citizen because of my father but my brother wasntsolucky. He was born in Colombia South America and has a different father, when my mother and father got married my father adopted my brother. And the papers didnt go through he had a green card from 6yrs old up to he was 24 yrs old. When he tried to apply for his citizenship he was denied. He entered the Army right after high school. He then again applied for his citizenship and barely got it in 2009 it took him 6 yrs. my father works for immigration and not even that helped out my brother. So i just hope thingswork out for Zeusevn though i dont know him well but its people like himthats going to make a difference

• Jens Boettiger 5 years ago

As a German immigrant I read this article and saw discrimination. I came to this country as a nine year old boy in 1998 and had a very different experience from Zeus Zeus' story is one of looking for a new life with better opportunities and better chances. My story is the near opposite. My father was imported into the U.S by Micron Tech because of his unique experience in developing the production processes for the leading edge of Semiconducter technology for IBM. In short, the U.S wanted to import brains so they could stay ahead on the global market. The corporate interests of Micron trumped any government interest in the matter. Everything went without a hitch. Zeus was screened and I was not. The reason is obvious and cynical. It is because my father is a valuable import commodity. The government was willing to take five children and his wife to get him. The irony is that this country was built and made great by those so poor and homeless, not the elites of Europe. Why change now?

• Jodi Gus. 5 years ago

• lucas marsh 5 years ago

i have known zeus for eleven years he is close friend i would even call him my brother i have witnessed his pain and struggle first hand and it makes me ashamed to call myself american when i think of how he has been treated it makes me wonder how many others have been treated this way as well

• Garry Griffin 5 years ago

Im am one of zeus brothers i understand what he is gone throught. And it is not rgt he deserves to be an american citizen. thought the way he has been treated by this country after everything he has done for himself and others. he has done more then alot of americans. For all the illegal immegrants who come to this country and use the system and there benifits and we give them resisdencey and they dont deserve it. He has done so much in his time here and hopefully we can give him what he has worked so hard for. he is not my biological brother but is my brother in heart and soul and i would do ne thing for him.

• Micha Boettiger 5 years ago

The INS has always been notoriously slow and incompetent. This, however, is something else altogether. This is obviously discriminatory behavior and whoever is responsible should be ashamed. This guy obviously has more to offer the country as a whole than about 90% of your average Americans.

• asto5n 2 years ago

its ture that all usa former presos in nosense of zeus