Today’s recipe feature is Zesty Swordfish Kebabs. Fresh rosemary and ginger, soy sauce, a bit of citrus and a bunch of garlic help create a fantastic marinade for the hearty and firm-fleshed swordfish. Green onions and red bell pepper join the fish on skewers and, after about 8 minutes on the grill, you have total deliciousness. Serve with your favorite grilled vegetables and cooked brown or white rice for a complete meal. Healthy and joyous eating!
Zesty Swordfish Kebabs (Recipe courtesy David Bonom)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce (gluten-free variety, if needed)
- 1 ½ tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons honey
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 ½ pounds swordfish steaks, cut into 1-inch pieces
- ¾ cup (2-inch) sliced green onions
- 12 (1-inch) pieces red bell pepper
- Cooking spray
Combine first 12 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag; add fish. Seal and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes, turning once. Prepare grill.
Remove fish from bag; discard marinade. Thread fish, green onions, and bell pepper alternately onto each of 4 (10-inch) skewers. Place on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 8 minutes or until desired degree of doneness, turning once. Yield = four servings.
Nutritional Information (per serving): Calories: 248 ; Calories from fat: 28% ; Fat: 7.8g ; Protein: 33.8g ; Carbohydrate: 9.7g ; Fiber: 1.6g ; Cholesterol: 64mg ; Sodium: 711mg ; Calcium: 38mg