Zehnder's Snow Fest 2013 is coming soon! The weather has been cooperating, snow has been falling, and the snow machines are blowing full time to make sure that this years' sculptures and activities are as large and exciting as ever.
Activities include World Class single and double block snow carving competitions, Michigan snow carving competition, US National Collegiate Ice Carving Competitions, and of course music, food, and fun: all in the beautiful setting that Frankenmuth provides.
This years snow fest is being held from January 23rd - 28th. There are many family friendly activites being held throughout the festival. The following are Friday and Saturdays events.
• Professional Ice Exhibition Spectators will be entertained and amazed as Greg Butauski, Award Winning Certified Master Ice Sculptor and his team create a 100-block masterpiece to be completed at 4:30 p.m. Located in Zehnder’s Parking Lot behind Rau’s Country Store.
• World Class Snow Carving Teams Continue to work throughout the day on double and single block competitions. Public voting continues.
• State of Michigan Snow Sculpting Continues throughout the day. Public voting begins.
• High School Snow Sculpting Competition Continues 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
• Zehnder’s Snowfest Warming Tent – Open 10 a.m. – 12 midnight. Food, Refreshments, Exhibit Booths and Entertainment
-2-3 p.m. – Tigers Winter Caravan
-3 – 4:30 p.m. – 338th Army Band (Country Music Group)
-4 – 6 p.m. – WKCQ Live Remote 6 p.m. WKCQ Karaoke Contest Finals, Prizes Awarded at 7:30 p.m.
- 8:00 p.m. – midnight Dance to country music by the Steel Wheels Band ($5.00 Cover charge after 6 p.m. – Children 12 and Under Free)
• Children’s Play Area Open – Next to Frankenmuth Toy Company
-Free Petting Zoo 4 – 7 p.m.
-Children’s Pony Rides – 4 – 7 p.m. for $2.00
-Putt Putt Golf Course. Everyone is welcome to play our 9-hole putt putt golf course where each hole has a a different ice carving challenge to play through. Cost $2.00. Open 3–8 p.m. in Zehnder’s Parking Lot behind Rau’s Country Store.
• Collegiate Ice Carving “Under the Stars” Competition begins between 6 and 7 p.m. At Edwin L. Zehnder Park .
World Class Single & Double Block. and State Snow Sculpting Concludes at 10 a.m.
• Zehnder’s Snowfest Warming Tent – 10 a.m. – 12 midnight.
• Food, Refreshments, Exhibit Booths and Entertainment Classics Day –
-10:30 a.m. – 12 noon Entertainment To Be Announced
- 1 – 5 p.m. Music by Jedi Mind Trip
- 2:00 p.m. Snow Carving Awards
- 8 – 12 p.m. Music by The Rock Show ($5.00 Cover Charge after 6 p.m. – Children 12 and under Free)
• Children’s Play Area Open next to Frankenmuth Toy Company Free Petting Zoo 11 – 5 p.m. Children’s Pony Rides 12 – 6 p.m. for $2.
• Putt Putt Ice Golf Course Open 11 a.m. – 8 p.m. – $2.00 Located in Zehnder’s Parking Lot behind Rau’s Country Store
• U.S. National Collegiate Ice Carving Competition begins at 3 p.m. in Edwin L. Zehnder Park.
• Annual Fireworks Display – 6:45 p.m.
To view all of the festivals events you can visit their main web page here.