As the famous Christmas poem quotes, "Visions of sugar cookies dance in my head." For a delicious change of Christmas dance, whip up Lime-Cheesecake tarts this Christmas season. The tang of the lime, and the sweet of the cheesecake, packed into a graham cracker crust, makes a perfect combination for Christmas get-together dessert tables.
- 2 small limes
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 (4 ounce, 6 count) package miniature graham cracker pie crusts.
- Squeeze 3 tablespoons lime juice, grate 1 teaspoon zest from peel.
- Preheat oven to 32 degrees. In mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg, then lime juice and lime zest. Spoon mixture into pie crusts.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until knife inserted into center comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Drop a dollop of cool whip on each tart, if desired.
For lots of Christmas trivia, fun and recipes click here.