Other Yummy Chicken Recipes to Try
- Potato salad pesto with green beans and chicken
- How to make chicken and wild rice soup in the Dutch oven
- Winter dinner ideas: White bean and chicken chili recipe
- Grilled chicken sandwich recipe with creamy Swiss cheese and Fuji apples
- How to make chicken shish kabobs on the George Foreman Grill
About the Bisquick Chicken and Dumplings Soup
Chicken and dumplings soup figures into many of my childhood memories. Not only did my mom make this yummy chicken recipe quite a bit, it was also the special quite a lot of the time at Lakey's Cafe, the family restaurant that my grandparents started (and which my aunts and uncles subsequently owned).
As I admitted with my fried chicken recipe, I didn't quite learn how to make a tasty chicken -n- dumplins like someone from the Lakey family should.
Enter the Bisquick chicken and dumplings recipe. It takes a lot of the fuss out of making the dumplings, and it's just a plain yummy chicken recipe!
How to Make Chicken and Dumplings Soup with Bisquick
- 1 1/2 c. milk
- 1 c. frozen carrots
- 1 c. cooked chicken, cut it up
- 1 can (10.75-oz) creamy chicken mushroom soup, condensed
- 1 c. Bisquick®, Original
- 1/3 c. milk (additional)
- Garlic powder, paprika, white pepper
- Heat up the one-and-a-half cups of milk along with the chicken, the carrots and the soup. Allow it to boil. Stir it frequently.
- In a separate bowl, stir the Bisquick in as well as the additional one-third cup of milk until dough forms.
- Drop the dough onto the chicken mixture -- eight spoonfuls -- Don't let it dip into the liquid.
- Sprinkle the dumplings with the spices.
- Simmer on low heat for ten minutes and then cover the Bisquick chicken and dumplings soup and cook for another ten minutes.