You want to get a workout in, but you're burned out on gym membership fees and the people inside the gym. However, exercising to your home exercise DVDs has grown mundane. You know the routines by heart and your weight has hit a plateau so you'll either need to purchase more DVDs (to memorize and repeat the same cycle) or go back to the gym.
But how about giving your purse or wallet a break by working out at home without spending more money?
Check out some exercise videos on YouTube. Find instructors who fit the kind of workout you're looking for. Subscribe to their channels.
You don't just have to lug your notebook or iPad around to balance the screen on a table. This is when TIVO comes in handy for more than recording reality TV or your favorite sports teams in the championships.
Save all of your favorite exercise videos on YouTube. If you want to, split them up into categories, such as dance, weight training, cardio or body parts (ex. stomach, thighs, butt, shoulders).
On your TIVO menu, choose "Video on Demand." Then choose "YouTube." Log into your YouTube account with the necessary code to prove its really your TIVO. And watch the exercise videos on a bigger screen in the comfort of your own living room.
Advice Before the Exercise Burnout:
If you can relate to any of these situations, try YouTube before getting fit becomes annoying instead of fun:
- You're tired of the front desk attendant constantly flirting with you when you walk into the gym. Or, you're pissed off that he keeps flirting with the new employee who just joined.
- You've dated that one guy who used to love working out with at the gym. But now you can't stand the sight of him breathing and he keeps showing up to the same fitness club at the same time as you. You're either going to damage your hearing turning your mp3 player up and tuning him out or run from every machine he's close to.
- You're memorized all of the dance moves that your dance instructor does in that zumba, belly dancing or hip-hop class. There are moments where you know she stole the routine straight out of some pop star's music video.
- You're aggravated by all the members who refuse to wipe machines off or show up on benches just to text message and talk to friends the entire time.
- You simply just don't feel like walking, biking or cleaning off your car to drive to the nearest gym. By the time you do that, haven't you worked out anyway?
Follow Shamontiel on Pinterest for all her latest Chicago nutrition and fitness entries, or subscribe to her Chicago Diet and Exercise channel at the top of this page.