YouTube Top-20 videos of all time
# Views Performer-Title
1 1,894,618,039 PSY-GANGNAM STYLE
2 978,573,385 Justin Bieber-Baby
3 727,468,783 Jennifer Lopez-On The Floor
4 656,644,139 Eminem-Love The Way You Lie
5 651,501,160 "Charlie"-Charlie bit my finger - again!
6 636,465,201 LMFAO-Party Rock Anthem
7 633,767,707 PSY-GENTLEMAN M/V
8 604,031,888 Shakira-Waka Waka (Africa, 2010 FIFA)
9 564,677,724 Lady Gaga-Bad Romance
10 550,927,270 Michel Teló-Ai Se Eu Te Pego
11 528,111,471 Carly Rae Jepsen-Call Me Maybe
12 520,214,719 Don Omar-Danza Kuduro
13 516,687,789 MIley Cyrus-Wrecking Ball
14 489,616,346 Macklemore-Thrift Shop
15 481,558,093 Eminem-Not Afraid
16 479,838,216 One Direction-What Makes You Beautiful
17 473,525,800 Gotye-Somebody That I Used To Know
18 469,757,826 Adele-Rolling In The Deep
19 457,730,063 Pitbull-Rain Over Me
20 455,772,136 Bruno Mars-The Lazy Song
YouTube Top5 of all times
1. PSY “Gangnam Style” music video remains an absolute popularity champion currently totaling 1.894+ GigaViews (prefix Giga stands for a billion). This astronomical number is getting closer to entire global Internet users’ base (the latter is about 2.267 billion ) and now exceeding the population of both Americas (North and South) and Europe combined.
2. Justin Bieber remains the second most popular entertainer on the planet as per YouTube stats; his iconic musical video clip "Baby" is totaling 978+ MegaViews, closing to the psychologically important 1 billion mark. This stratospheric popularity index far exceeds the entire population of USA, Canada  and Mexico combined, accounting for more than 1/3 of the global Internet users’ base .
3. “On The Floor” music video featuring Jennifer Lopez is going figuratively through the roof accounted for 727+ MegaViews, thus outnumbering the entire population of North America.
4. Eminem and Rihanna’s collaborative music video “Love The Way You Lie” attracted more than 656 MegaViewers.
5. "Charlie"-Charlie bit my finger - again!, that funny video is back into Top5 scoring 651+ MegaViews
The entrance level to YouTube:
- Top10 popularity club is currently raised to approximately 550 MegaViews
- Top20: approx. 455 MegaViews
- Top50: approx. 269 MegaViews
- Top100: approx. 192 MegaViews
Notably, not a single hit but neither by Michael Jackson, nor Madonna made it to YouTube Top-100 (this reminds us how soon the once so-popular entertainers are forgotten; well, sic transit gloria mundi...).
Note: all MegaViews numbers are rounded to nearest integer.
As it’s been for many years, 19 items in YouTube Top20 are of music-video genre and only one represents Internet humor category (“Charlie bit my finger - again!”).
The grand total number of views calculated for Top100 most popular YouTube videos currently exceeds 34 GigaViews (as a reminder, prefix Giga stands for billion), closing to 5x of entire world population .
Disclaimer: All data in this article is provided on “AS IS” basis without warranty of any kind.
Copyright © 2014 Alexander Bell