It is always important that youth have a voice in their transition process. Now there is a National Community of Practice (CoP) on Transition and they have webinars designed with how to get that youth voice involved. Here are the details:
On February 13, 2014 at 2:00 PM EST, the National Community of Practice (CoP) on Transition is sponsoring the first of three webinars on Youth Role in Transition Planning for professionals in the field. Through the personal stories and insights of youth from Pennsylvania, Delaware, New Hampshire, Michigan, Virginia, and Washington, DC webinar participants will learn about:
• The youth experience and role in transition
• The power of authentic youth engagement, self-determination and leadership in transition
• Ideas for how to best support youth in the transition process
Visit the wiki page for more information about the future youth-led webinars:
• 2nd Youth Webinar: Get In the Picture, will focus on what youth across the country are doing to advocate for themselves and what supports may use to facilitate the process (March 2014).
• 3rd Youth Webinar: Change the Picture, you are invited to join with youth discussing ways to improve the transition process and provide more opportunities for youth voice (April 2014).
Instructions for Accessing the webinar
1. The webinar will start promptly at 2:00 PM and end at 3:15 PM Eastern Time. Please enter the Adobe room 5 minutes earlier.
2. To sign into Adobe Connect go tohttps://tadnet.adobeconnect.com/_a984157034/partnership
• Click on the link to join the Adobe Connect Meeting
• Click "Enter as a Guest" and type your full name. Then click "Enter Room"
3. For audio – choose one from 2 options
A. Dial-out Option (recommended)
• Select the first option “Join Audio Conference” (Dial-out)
• Enter your phone number with area code (Eg. +1-415-555-1234)
• Click “Join”
• Adobe will call you shortly after. This option will help us have enough “space” for more people to join.
• Make sure your computer speakers are turned on so you can hear the videos
B. Using Microphone Option
• Select the third option “Using Microphone”
• Click “Join”
• Listen to the audio through your computer speakers
• You do NOT need a microphone or your telephone for this option.
C. All lines will be muted during the webinar.
D. If you have a question during the webinar, please type your question into the chat box on the right side.
E. If you have questions or need technical assistance during the webinar, please contact Mironda Shepard email@example.com
First Time Adobe Connect Attendees – check your computer before the webinar …
• Please make sure you have prepared your computer to access the meeting through Adobe Connect
• If you have never attended an Adobe Connect meeting before please test your connection by going tohttps://tadnet.adobeconnect.com/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm
• To get a quick overview of Adobe connect go to:http://www.adobe.com/go/connectpro_overview
• If you have any questions before the webinar please contact Mariola Rosser firstname.lastname@example.org
After the webinar
The webinar recording will be available on the Sharedwork website http://www.sharedwork.org/web/transition/home