The city of Scottsdale is hiring part time football and volleyball coaches for the up coming season. These are part time positions with no benefits, but lots of fun. The positions are with the City of Scottsdale parks and recreation department. Multiple positions will be available through out the city
Education and Experience:
Any combination of education, training, and experience in related recreation area.
Licensing and Other Requirements:
National Youth Sports Coaches Association certification and training is provided and required of all coaches after being hired.
The National Federation of High School "Concussion in Sports - What you Need to Know" on-line training is required after being hired. For information about this training, please go to www.nfhslearn.com.
Must comply with the Parks and Recreation Department's dress and appearance standards related to uniform, clothing, displaying tattoos, visible pierced body parts, hair color and style.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Recreation methods and procedures.
Microsoft Office products and other relevant technologies.
Football or Volleyball
• Supervise participants and enforce safety rules.
• Follow written and verbal instructions.
• Listen, communicate, and work effectively with: co-workers, staff, diverse groups of people, and the public.
• Follow Parks and Recreation dress and appearance standards related to: clothing style, displaying tattoos, pierced body parts, hair color and style.
• Make mathematical calculations and draw logical conclusions..
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with: City staff, participants, parents, and the general public.
• Bilingual skills are highly desirable.
• Complete required OSHA/Safety training.
To find out more details, check out the following website http://www.scottsdaleaz.gov/HR/jobs
For more additional job links in the East Valley, check out my East Valley Job Board. Its a list of direct links to various public and private HR websites, many with job listings.