Your clothes say a lot about you. Your hair style says plenty, too. Now you have to consider the fact that your kitchen does its fair share of talking, too.
It turns out that your kitchen is likely to spill plenty of secrets about your personality type, according to interior design expert and owner of the GlassTileStore.com Eli Mechlovitz.
In other words, if you walk into a minimalist kitchen featuring neutral hues and streamlined appliances, do you get the idea that the owner is neat and organized?
Yes, that could be true, says Mechlovitz, who put together the following list of personalities based on their choice of kitchen design.
- Does your kitchen feature a lot of blues and wasabi green colors in the backsplash, tea kettle or dishtowels? If so, Mechlovitz says that indicates a cook with a relaxed and tranquil disposition. "Guests will immediately feel at peace and content when they step into your kitchen."
- A colorful ethnic-inspired palette where the kitchen features teals, khaki and bright yellow or Spanish-style decor is indicative of someone who has an inspired and cultural personality.
- If you decorate with bold colors like royal purple, gold, red and vibrant blue, you are likely outgoing and creative. To take your style a step further, Mechlovitz recommends choosing royal purple dishtowels, shimmery gold pots, a vibrant blue tile backsplash and a red kitchen rug.
- Do you have a messy kitchen? "If your kitchen is in a state of disarray, meaning there are dirty pots on the stove, dishes stacked up in the sink and food crumbs and papers on the table, it tells others that you live a hectic lifestyle leaving little time to relax," suggests Mechlovitz. "If you see your kitchen in a cluttered and messy state, schedule 30 minutes in your day to wipe down the counters, throw the dishes in the dishwasher, and get everything organized. This will immediately make you and your future guests feel at ease and comfortable."
- Do you prefer a lot of metallic and chrome finishes? If your appliances are stainless steel and you have a kitchen backsplash featuring mixed metals and metallic style, your kitchen says you are a "confident go-getter driven by success," says Mechlovitz. "It also helps others know that you love entertaining and would be the first person to throw a fantastic wine and cheese party!"
- Love black and white? If your tile floor is black and white or you have black counters and white cabinets, you are likely a sophisticated and confident person, according to Mechlovitz. You can show off your personality even more by adding in a gray tile backsplash and black and white dishtowels.
- Like to get cozy? If your kitchen has dishtowels featuring animals, fruit patterned wallpaper and cushioned kitchen chairs, you are likely a nurturing person and your guests are well-fed and cheerful.
- Is minimal and neutral your style? "Choosing streamlined, ergonomic appliances and a tile kitchen backsplash featuring a neutral palette lets others know you are a neat, organized and left-brained critical thinker who dislikes clutter and values efficiency," Mechlovitz states. "It also tells others that you are a fan of writing and accomplishing to-do lists and getting things done in a timely manner."
If you like what your kitchen says about you and want to take it a step further, you can find decorating ideas at the GlassTileStore.com. However, if you want to shut your kitchen up and have it start speaking a new language, Mechlovitz can help.