If a favorite sport was rigged so “officials,” game announcer, and reporting media allowed massive destruction of the rules that effectively devolved the game into a tragic-comic joke, you would be livid, speak-up, and take some kind of action.
You can’t imagine this would ever occur because so many Americans are well-educated in “sports law,” are highly passionate in their love of their games, and quick to self-express when the sport suffers from an obviously bad/missed call by officials.
For examples, Americans would speak, act, and end the following egregious sports violations of law if they occurred:
- Baseball umpires and media allow the New York Yankees’ pitchers to throw pitches so far out of the strike zone that their catchers have to stand-up and move away from the plate to catch them, AND call those pitches strikes. Instant replay and multiple-camera technology confirm these pitches are out of the strike zone by as much as ten feet, yet umpires and media ongoingly claim these pitches are lawful strikes and umpires’ calls are final. Corporate media focus on Yankee history of winning, how the players are really good guys, and charities the players and their wives support, but never on the hard evidence of where these pitches are actually located.
- Football officials and media allow the San Francisco 49ers defense to tackle the opposing offense center before the snap, steal the ball, and call this a recovered fumble for the 49ers. This happens whenever the 49ers want to do it (average five times per game), is lauded as their new “Surge defense,” but always ruled as an “offside” violation by 49er opponents when they try it. Corporate media discuss the 49ers new stadium, West Coast innovations applied to football, and again charities the players and wives support, but never on factual analysis of the play in question.
- Tennis officials and media allow John McEnroe’s 2014 “comeback” (yes, he still plays excellent tennis at age 55) by having balls he hits outside his opponent’s court by as much as ten feet to be called “in.” The distances the ball lands away from the lines are clearly seen by spectators, documented on replays, and shown on the multiple-camera computer programs as so far out to be impossible the calls were innocent mistakes in judgment. Opponents’ balls hit into McEnroe’s court are called “out” when McEnroe falls behind in a game, even if the documented evidence show the ball “in” by several feet. Corporate media focus on McEnroe’s history of winning, his personality, past relationships, musical interests, and being a unique athlete to enjoy, but never the factual analysis of ball location in the matches that allow McEnroe to “win.”
Again, this is impossible to imagine because there is no history of such ridiculous lies close to these three fictional sports examples, and Americans are so powerful in their knowledge of the sports they wouldn’t allow it. Their voices at these sports events would clearly communicate they know damn well those games are rigged, “officials” are intentionally lying, and corporate media is also complicit in the rigged outcomes.
The liars would be clearly seen for what they are, shamed into surrender so Americans could reclaim their beloved sport, and Americans would be rightly proud of their required activism.
This said, Americans do allow their nation to be destroyed by rigged and unlawful Wars of Aggression under our flag and honor, with our tax dollars, and war-murdering millions of people.
America has become a tragic-comic joke (also considered the most dangerous nation to world peace) because our wars are as ridiculous as the above sports examples. Here’s the six-sentence summary; full documentation here and here:
Current US wars, including any attack on Syria, Ukraine, and/or Iran, are Orwellian unlawful because US armed attacks, invasions, and occupations of foreign lands are unlawful Wars of Aggression. Two US treaties, the Kellogg-Briand Pact and UN Charter, make armed attacks on another nation unlawful unless in response to armed attack by that nation’s government. Under Article Six of the US Constitution, a treaty is our “supreme Law of the Land;” meaning that no order can compromise a US active treaty.
Current US wars and rhetoric for more wars continue a long history of lie-began US Wars of Aggression since the US invaded Mexico; despite Abraham Lincoln’s powerfully accurate rhetoric of President Polk’s lies to steal half of Mexico at the expense of US military and Mexican civilian lives. The most decorated US Marine general in his day also warned all Americans of this fact of lie-started wars for 1% plunder.
Want something better, like the justice of a fair game on a level playing field?
Tired of having your whole nation being a deadly joke?
Then you’d better speak-up and take action. How about this for your talking points:
- Expose 1% oligarchs in the US and elsewhere as OBVIOUS criminals centering in war, money, and media (also in ~100 other crucial areas).
- Cause their surrender through arrests or Truth & Reconciliation.
- Initiate true freedom for all Earth’s inhabitants to explore ready breakthroughs in economics (links here) and technology, and discover what it is to be human without psychopathic criminals who joke about killing millions, harming billions, and looting trillions.