Kenya Moore, newcomer to the Real Housewives of Atlanta, has one thing on her mind - getting a ring on her finger. She moved to Atlanta, partially to finally be in the same area as her boyfriend of two years, Walter. The two had been dating off and on long distance for the past two years. So Moore, 41, thought moving closer would help progress their relationship (down the aisle).
There is absolutely nothing wrong with being up front and honest with your significant other about your goals and expectations (especially when you're in your 40s). The issue is more so the way she did it. She was very aggressive with Walter, who seemed to want to take things slow.
Her biological clock is ticking because she has never been married and hasn't had any children and she wants to do so before that window of opportunity closes. But that's a lot of pressure to put on a man who may or may not be ready (right this second) for marriage and kids right away. But the funny thing is, she doesn't just stop with trying to attack Walter. Kenya does not hesitate to flirt with any and every man in sight, including Phaedra's husband Apollo, Cynthia's husband Peter, the minister of tourism, and the hotel general manager. Her thirst is overwhelming!
The bottom line is you can't rush a man into marriage. No matter how much your biological clock may be ticking. Either be willing to wait until he's ready or leave! You have to decide what you will and will not put up with and how long is too long to wait. But when you rush a man into marriage it seems as if you are more concerned about the ring and the wedding than the actual man and the marriage.
Top 10 Kenya Quotes:
- "We should just stay here and just elope."
- "If I could be nine months pregnant right now I would be."
- "I don't think I was flirting with Apollo... I hope I wasn't, but there's no shame in my game."
- "Phillipinos and Blacks make really beautiful babies."
- "I don't need to get a drink, I'm drinking you. You are a tall glass of water."
- "If you had to give Apollo a birthday present and it involved two of your friends, which friends would you pick?"
- "I'm just to the point where I'm ready... to focus on the husband and family."
- "I wonder if someone will get proposed to on this trip? Fingers crossed!"
- "Do you know where to go to get diamonds?"
- "Is this man going to propose to me? I don't know! But I hope so."
- @calapav: "Well, she's crazy in general but her attempts seem really superficial. She doesn't seem in love at all."
- @Bravotv: "'Men need to like you a little more than you like them.' Preach, @NeNeLeakes #RHOA"
- @mrpolished: "Kenya is past thirsty.She's dehydrated. Her skin is suffering. #rhoa"
- @juicymagazine: "Phaedra. Just preached the gospel. 'Looking for love attracting the wrong attention.' #rhoa"
- @Dijon_: "Walter can say today is a nice day' and Kenya will somehow assume that means a proposal. #RHOA"
- @Boy4Whitney: "Cynthia should've gave Kenya the book 'He's just not that into you.' #rhoa"
- @RealHousewives: "Dear @KenyaMoore IF he liked it, he would have put a ring, necklace, bracelt, whip & chain on it! #RHOA"