Get your leopard prints, colorful accessories and hairspray ready for HONfest 2012, June 9-10 that covers four city blocks on Hamden’s 36th Street.
HONfest starts Saturday at 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. and Sunday noon to 6 p.m.. Click here for the schedule of events that lists everything you need to know about contest times and entertainment performances.
Things you should know about HONfest:
- “Hon” is short for honey and is a Baltimore term of endearment
- Since 1994, HonFest has grown from a tiny pageant behind Café Hon, to a nationally recognized event
- What is a Hon? They are a vision of the sixties-era. They are women with beehive hairdos, bright-blue eye shadow, spandex pants and anything with leopard print
- You can get your own beehive in their Glamour Lounge
- The neighborhood is filled with quirky shops, quaint restaurants and charming residents
- HonFest gives local storeowners the opportunity to showcase their wares on the sidewalks
- They crown a Baltimore’s Best Hon winner every year. Do you have what it takes to be Miss Hon 2012?
Good luck Hon!
"A problem is a chance for you to do your best." - Duke Ellington