There aren’t many places you can learn to teach yoga to a person who has lost a limb, so here’s your chance. June 6 - 8 in Portland, Ore., Marsha Therese Danzig, the first amputee yoga teacher in the United States, will be leading a workshop entitled Yoga for Amputees. Zorn is, because of cancer, a below-the-knee amputee.
The workshop will teach:
- Observation skills for range of motion
- How to safely adapt poses for above-knee, below-knee, and upper-extremity amputees
- How to differentiate types of amputation
- Basic physical, psychological, and emotional effects of amputation
- Dealing with grief
- Pain and trauma management through yoga
- Meditative exercises to support physical and mental healing
- How to help amputees step forward into the rest of their lives, integrated, whole, healthy
The workshop counts for 12 CEs for RYTs.
To register for the Yoga for Amputees training or if you are a studio owner interested in hosting a workshop, go to PortlandYoga.com. Early-bird discount ends tomorrow.