January 28, 2010
Photo courtesy of the Family YMCA of Easton
The YMCA of Easton offers a variety of summer camps for children ages 3 through 17. Registration opens February 1, 2010. The camps will be held at the main campus at 1225 W. Lafayette Street and Early Childhood Development Centers North & South.
This year the YMCA will hold its biggest kick off event ever. The Wheels of Freestyle's program "Go Big" will be held in the Shopping Plaza parking lot at 1700 Sullivan Trail on Saturday, June 12th at 11:00 am. The program features Pro BMX Extreme Athletes. The event is free to the community.
Below are some camps showcasing the variety of programs scheduled. The YMCA website has a complete list of camp schedules and registration information. All registrations are accepted only at the site where the camp is being held.
- Healthy Junior Chef Academy - The YMCA has partnered with Shop Rite, Phillipsburg, NJ, to allow campers to create healthy and delicious culinary creations. At the end of the week the campers will take a trip to the Renaissance Airport Hotel at the Newark Airport. There they will prepare lunch with the head chef. This camp is open to children ages 6 – 12.
- Crime Scene Investigation - This program will allow campers to experience the different techniques used in crime labs. It will include studies on fingerprinting, evidence collecting, and DNA analysis. The program is provided by Penn State Extension, Northampton County for campers 13-17 years old.
- Amusement Adventure Camp - During this week the campers will visit a different amusement park each day. Parks include Hershey Park, Dorney Park, and Six Flags Great Adventure. This camp is for children ages 9-14 and has a limited number of spaces available.
Special Pricing Promotions
There are several different promotions families can choose from to help with the cost of camp.
- Sign up for 3 consecutive weeks and receive the 4th week at 50% off (expires May 14, 2010)
- Sign up for 5 or more sessions and pay only $20 deposit per session (regular deposit is $40 per session)
- Children currently enrolled in the school age child care program pay only $20 deposit per session (expires May 14, 2010)
- $15 discount off each session of Day Camp or Busy Beaver Camp (expires May 14, 2010)
- Receive 25% off 2 weeks of Busy Beaver or Youth Camp if you attend Open House (dates are listed on the YMCA website)
- Receive 50% off one week of Specialty Camp if you attend Open House (dates are listed on the YMCA website)
For more information on summer day camps you can visit the YMCA's website, www.familyymca.org or call 610.258.6158 x26.