Here's a fun recipe for the last days of summer. Nice and light and ingredients readily available at most grocery stores or specialty retailers like http://www.centralmarket.com. I'm not a huge tomato person, but the spices and herbs make this a winning dish.
Golden Tomato Gazpacho with Prawns
1 qt. Yellow tomatoes, cored and quartered
½ cup white onion, minced
8 cloves garlic, chopped
2 stalks celery, sliced
¼ cup parsley, finely chopped
½ - 1 cup white bread, cubed
1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Sherry vinegar to taste
Salt & pepper to taste
Scallion coins as garnish
1. In a blender, place tomato, onion, celery and 1/3 cup of sherry vinegar. Puree until smooth.
2. Add bread and puree in oil.
3. Add and puree the garlic and parsley.
4. Season to taste and add more oil and vinegar if needed.
5. Finish with prawns and scallions as garnish.
(Gazpacho may be served immediately or refrigerated for a few hours prior to service.)
16 – 20 (1 lb.) jumbo shrimp, peeled and slightly butterflied
2 tsp. dry oregano
2 tsp. dry basil
1 Tbsp. parsley, chopped
zest of ½ lemon
3 cloves garlic, chopped
½ cup olive oil
salt & pepper to taste
1. Toss all ingredients (except for shrimp) together. Mix well.
2. Toss shrimp into the marinade and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
3. Grill at high heat just until done. Serve with Yellow Tomato Gazpacho.