According to figures released Friday by the Department of Labor those laid off or fired during the period from January of 2009 through December of 2011 continue to experience difficulties. They show that only 56% of those losing their...
Darden Restaurants, the largest mid-class chain in Michigan, announced yesterday they will be reducing their ratio of fulltime employees in favor of more part-timers. The concept is being tested in four unpublished markets so the chain can...
According to every jobs report issued this year by the Department of Labor, Americans are giving up their hopes of finding traditional employment. Although some are leaving the job market completely by determining to cut back on discretionary spending others...
Other articles and white papers of interest:
- Additional job search tips– home page for several articles
- Grow your resume– educational, certification, and other ways to enhance your resume
- Job search myths– a series separating myths from reality for job seekers.
- Management styles- three types.
- Corporate structures- from entrepreneur to conglomerate.
Top advice during your job search
- How to Find a Job: When There Are No Jobs: a necessary job search book and career planning guide for surviving and prospering in today's hyper competitive job market.
- 301 Smart Answers to Tough Interview Questions.
- Your Social Media Job Search: Use LinkedIn, Twitter, and other tools to get the job you want!