This is a continuation of the top resume writing tips your Detroit job search examiner reported in 2012:
The use of fonts on a resume is extremely important. There are two font styles that will project the professional image you need to make a strong first impression. How you use them is as important as the fonts themselves...Continue
In order to make sure your resume has a professional look that will impress the screener you need to make sure you use the proper font size. Human resources professionals involved in the hiring process often claim about the font...Continue
Anyone that thinks their entire resume will be read by a human is thinking incorrectly. The human resources generalist that will be screening your resume has more work than they can handle in a typical day. Therefore it I necessary...Continue
Surveys show that more than half of applicants will embellish their resume. This lying is so rampant that human resources professionals involved in the hiring process take everything on a resume with suspicion. It is true that embellishment may help...Continue
Over the years the wisdom of including community involvement on one’s resume has become more accepted. Volunteering is a great way to enhance one’s leadership skills. Employers realize that if you have the ability to coach...Continue
Top advice during your job search
- “How to Find a Job”: When There Are No Jobs: a necessary job search book and career planning guide for surviving and prospering in today's hyper competitive job market.
- “301 Smart Answers to Tough Interview Questions”.
- “Your Social Media Job Search”: Use LinkedIn, Twitter, and other tools to get the job you want!
- “101 Weird Ways to Make Money”: Unusual jobs that produce good pay with little competition.
- “Life’s Leadership Lessons”: 53 anecdotal leadership lessons mostly from people in the Detroit area. Paperback or Kindle e-book.