Writing a killer resume is critical to getting the needed interview so you can land the job of your dreams. Here are the top resume writing tips of 2013.
Gone are the days that most resumes are read by humans. In the modern world machines have taken over the screening of resumes eliminating human intervention until a final recommendation is made by the electronic screener. This is most prevalent...Continue
Many people have accomplishments they are particularly proud of achieving. These milestones could be the key to landing the job if the resume screener were to see it. But how can one be sure their accomplishment will be seen? The...Continue
In a series of interviews with Michigan recruiters there were those that insisted a resume must be one-page. It quickly appeared that recruiters are receiving so many resumes they simply do not have the time to look through multiple...Continue
The working world is filled with experts in their field. But notice the key words “IN their field”. A doctor at Beaumont Hospital is, hopefully, an expert in medicine. A buyer at Meijer is an expert at procurement...Continue
There is no doubt that what is on a resume is important. Yet it does not matter what is on your resume if the human screener that first reviews it either rejects it or does not see the most important...Continue
Top advice during your job search
- “How to Find a Job”: When There Are No Jobs: a necessary job search book and career planning guide for surviving and prospering in today's hyper competitive job market.
- “301 Smart Answers to Tough Interview Questions”.
- “Your Social Media Job Search”: Use LinkedIn, Twitter, and other tools to get the job you want!
- “101 Weird Ways to Make Money”: Unusual jobs that produce good pay with little competition.
- “Life’s Leadership Lessons”: 53 anecdotal leadership lessons mostly from people in the Detroit area. Paperback or Kindle e-book.