Books, websites and social networking are all key resources in an effective job search if you know where to go. Here are some of the top resources your Detroit job search examiner found in 2013.
When it comes to a book that can provide the information, tips, steps and practical concepts for finding a job or changing a career no book has proved more valuable than What Color Is Your Parachute? This valuable tool...Continue
LinkedIn has added a new feature to assist members of groups to become more visible. Whether one is looking for a new job or to advance their career through professional networking, this new feature is sure to be beneficial to...Continue
To actually get a job offer one must first get past the interview. Yet interview questions seem to get tougher each day. 301 Smart Answers to Tough Interview Questions looks at the toughest questions asked in job interviews today...Continue
Behavioral interviewing is all the rage. Companies like Chrysler Financial, formerly in Troy, use teams to interview candidates using this style. A brain-child of the 1990s, it did not catch on until the last half decade, but today its...Continue
Most people have never equated the interviewing process to the dating process but once you have read Daterviewing you will not only understand the similarities you will begin daterviewing. Written for business professionals at all levels and companies of all...Continue
Top advice during your job search
- “How to Find a Job”: When There Are No Jobs: a necessary job search book and career planning guide for surviving and prospering in today's hyper competitive job market.
- “301 Smart Answers to Tough Interview Questions”.
- “Your Social Media Job Search”: Use LinkedIn, Twitter, and other tools to get the job you want!
- “101 Weird Ways to Make Money”: Unusual jobs that produce good pay with little competition.
- “Life’s Leadership Lessons”: 53 anecdotal leadership lessons mostly from people in the Detroit area. Paperback or Kindle e-book