In marketing programs we understand that a message must be repeated in order to have the message resonate with the perspective customer. Using this logic and the downtime at the end of the year we should once again review the year’s top informative articles from your Detroit business development manager.
A board of directors can be an economical way to keep any new entrepreneurial venture on track to achieve its goals if it is properly organized. By asking friends and/or family to serve as your board you add the...Continue
Do you get as upset as I do about people that continue to repeat old worn-out arguments? It seems like every expert panel on television and radio business programs is loaded with all sorts of pontificators...Continue
With the expense of travel today it is not uncommon to have meetings on Skype, an online conferencing service, GoToMeeting, or a traditional telephone service. It seems to go something like this: some of the participants log...Continue
For many companies the most effective marketing investment might be to evaluate their return policies and provide specific customer service training to employees at the return desk. Stanley Spering Kresge, founder of the Detroit based S. S. Kresge Company that...Continue
Although there have been some signs of recovery many businesses have yet to participate in the economic revival. The reason may very well be that your pre-recession business format simply does not have acceptance in the post-recession...Continue
A large Michigan company had two offices, one in Detroit and one in London. To reduce costs they decided to combine redundant operations by appointing an advisory board with members from the two offices.At their first meeting...Continue
Helpful article series
- 7 Deadly sins of signage.
- 5 Deadly small business mistakes.
- Top tips for using Linked In- a series of the top three best practices for using Linked In to build business.
- Top marketing mistakes- includes a humorous video of leading marketing mistakes.
- Differentiate the right way- a series of articles about best practices in attracting customers.
Business development by the numbers
- “60 Insights for Mastering Business Development”.
- “8 Pillars of Career and Business Success”.
- “5 Kick-A** Strategies Every Business Needs”: to explode sales, stun the competition, wow customers and achieve exponential growth.
- “The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership”: Follow them and people will follow you.
- “Life’s Leadership Lessons”: 53 anecdotal leadership lessons mostly from people in the Detroit area. Paperback or Kindle e-book.
- “The New Leader's 100-Day Action Plan”: How to take charge, build your team, and get immediate results