As is common at the end of a year many will look back at the year for the important lessons we learned. Your Detroit business development examiner has reviewed the commentaries he wrote in 2013 and the top 5 are shown here.
Okay, you know Detroit as the automotive capital of the world. But did you know the Detroit business community has also had an enormous impact on another of America’s favorite past times? The Motor City corporate world is...Continue
When one thinks about Detroit we first think about the automotive industry. In fact few cities in America are link so inseparably with an individual industry. But abbreviate the Motor City name just slightly and your mind will quickly be...Continue
People know that Detroit is the Motor City but few think about Detroit’s other industrial leaders. When it comes to retailing, Sebastian Spering Kresge would definitely deserve a place in Detroit’s business hall of fame. Kresge...Continue
Although The Ford Motor Company, General Motors and Chrysler have had some positive publicity lately they are still reeling from the bad reputation they earned in the 1970s. The problem is that they allowed the media to convince the public...Continue
Earning a reputation may come from being a new upstart or could be as a seasoned company. Consider the 1970s in the automotive industry. Foreign automakers were making a big push into the American marketplace. Although most would...Continue
Helpful article series
- 7 Deadly sins of signage.
- 5 Deadly small business mistakes.
- Top tips for using Linked In- a series of the top three best practices for using Linked In to build business.
- Top marketing mistakes- includes a humorous video of leading marketing mistakes.
- Differentiate the right way- a series of articles about best practices in attracting customers.
Business development by the numbers
- “60 Insights for Mastering Business Development”.
- “8 Pillars of Career and Business Success”.
- “5 Kick-A** Strategies Every Business Needs”: to explode sales, stun the competition, wow customers and achieve exponential growth.
- “The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership”: Follow them and people will follow you.
- “Life’s Leadership Lessons”: 53 anecdotal leadership lessons mostly from people in the Detroit area. Paperback or Kindle e-book.
- “The New Leader's 100-Day Action Plan”: How to take charge, build your team, and get immediate results