Here is a summary of the top employee surveys published in 2013.
Retaining top talent is a continual problem for employers regardless of the economy. In good time the top talent are sought after by competitors because there are fewer talented employees than positions available. In bad economies companies tend to cut...Continue
One of the most crippling things an employer can experience is when an employee calls in sick. It is especially exasperating for an employer that is short staffed in a particular area of the company as often it is difficult...Continue
Ask any manager why people quit their job and you will most likely hear them reply that resignations have to do with money. This thinking causes several problems as these managers think that money can be a motivator to...Continue
It has been said that the only thing worse than losing a great employee is keeping a bad one. Indeed highly talented and qualified individuals are able to find employment in any economy. Their departure leaves us with the least...Continue
Jackie Ducci, President of Dragonfly Personnel, knows a lot of job seekers do not appreciate recruiters using social networking sites in the recruitment process. But the reality is that we do use them,” she admits. Like many...Continue
© Max Impact, used with permission.
- Employment Diversity In Michigan, a human resources networking group on LinkedIn.
- Max Impact offers free employee training materials
- Culture Bridges are a look at the contents of the character within each of us. Information is contained on more than 20 different categories of culture.
- Cultural Faux Pas is an interesting quiz about marketing mistakes made by others.
- Culture Quizzes allow you to test your cultural IQ with fun and informative quizzes.
Top books for those in leadership
- “First, Break All the Rules”: What the world's greatest managers do differently.
- ‘101 Tough Conversations to Have with Employees”: A manager's guide to addressing performance, conduct and discipline challenges.
- “Life’s Leadership Lessons”: 53 anecdotal leadership lessons mostly from people in the Detroit area. Paperback or Kindle e-book.
- “The Servant Leader”: How to build a creative team, develop great morale, and improve bottom-line performance.
- “The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership”: Follow them and people will follow you.
- “The Ant and the Elephant”: Leadership for the self.
- “The New Leader's 100-Day Action Plan”: How to take charge, build your team, and get immediate results