Before the ball drops in Times Square drops we should look back at what we learned this year. Here are some of the most viewed diversity education articles from your Detroit diversity examiner during 2013.
Those that have been in the diversity mindset for many years has seen the dialog change from “tolerating” the differences between cultures to “embracing” those differences. This was often a theme at the Oakland County Employment...Continue
Latinos are Michigan’s fastest growing ethnic group according to figures released by the state’s census. The double digit growth has increased the opportunity for diversity in the Great Lake State’s workplaces. But as this...Continue
What do you do with your shoes when entering their home? Do you take your shoes off, leave them on, or it does not matter. The correct answer is different whether you are in Canada, Hawaii or Michigan. Let...Continue
Additional Diversity Resources
- Culture Bridges are a look at the contents of the character within each of us. Information is contained on more than 20 different categories of culture.
- Cultural Faux Pas is an interesting quiz about marketing mistakes made by others.
- Culture Quizzes allow you to test your cultural IQ with fun and informative quizzes.
- Max Impact offers free employee training materials
Diversity by the numbers
- “Three Cups of Tea”: One Man's Mission to Promote Peace... One School at a Time
- “35 Dumb Things Well-Intended People Say”: Surprising Things We Say That Widen the Diversity Gap.
- “50 Activities” for Promoting Communication and Understanding at Work: The Diversity Training Activity Book
- “Life’s Leadership Lessons”: 53 anecdotal leadership lessons mostly from people in the Detroit area. Paperback or Kindle e-book