At the end of 2013 the federal subsidy that extended unemployment ended. This means it is more important than ever to find your new job quickly. Fortunately there were many great ideas during the year that can make that search take less time. Here are a few.
The young woman was proud of her abilities as a newly certified mechanic when she confidently walked into the repair shop to apply for an opening. The shop’s manager asked just a few questions. “Can you...Continue
Several doctors were enjoying a day at a beautiful lake in the thumb area of Michigan. They were enjoying the day's bright sunshine and quietness of the setting. Soon there were outcries, "Is there a...Continue
Frank approached his college professor two days before his final exam. “I'm sorry I have a funeral Friday. Is it possible for me to make up the exam next week?” The professor compassionately told...Continue
Top advice during your job search
- “How to Find a Job”: When There Are No Jobs: a necessary job search book and career planning guide for surviving and prospering in today's hyper competitive job market.
- “301 Smart Answers to Tough Interview Questions”.
- “Your Social Media Job Search”: Use LinkedIn, Twitter, and other tools to get the job you want!
- “101 Weird Ways to Make Money”: Unusual jobs that produce good pay with little competition.
- “Life’s Leadership Lessons”: 53 anecdotal leadership lessons mostly from people in the Detroit area. Paperback or Kindle e-book.