One of the most stressful parts of finding a job is the interview. Your Detroit job search examiner has compiled the best tips of the year to help you become a very successful interviewee.
Have you ever wondered how you could really ace that next job interview you have? The secrets to what human resources say contribute to a successful interview have been revealed in a survey taken by CareerBuilder.com. They interviewed 2...Continue
Michigan Works requires the unemployed to apply for three jobs each week. Some say that even at this rate they may only get one or two interviews a year. With this low rate of interviewing it is easy to understand...Continue
Human resources professionals charged with hiring new talent have learned some questions work better than others. The most popular questions asked are part of a style known as “behavioral interviewing” which was developed in Detroit by a team...Continue
Top advice during your job search
- “How to Find a Job”: When There Are No Jobs: a necessary job search book and career planning guide for surviving and prospering in today's hyper competitive job market.
- “301 Smart Answers to Tough Interview Questions”.
- “Your Social Media Job Search”: Use LinkedIn, Twitter, and other tools to get the job you want!
- “101 Weird Ways to Make Money”: Unusual jobs that produce good pay with little competition.
- “Life’s Leadership Lessons”: 53 anecdotal leadership lessons mostly from people in the Detroit area. Paperback or Kindle e-book