“The New Leader's 100-Day Action Plan”: How to take charge, build your team, and get immediate results
At this time of end-of-the-year reflection there are typically stories about huge happenings that have had a significant impact on past memories and future opportunities. A success story does not have to come from Dan Gilbert or Donald Trump to be able to relate to our own businesses. Here are three stories that are at small businesses in the metropolitan area.
To be successful with his new middle-eastern restaurant in Detroit the entrepreneur knew he needed to serve 800 plates a day. Adjacent to Wayne State University and Detroit Medical Center so the location seemed perfect for the delicious, fresh...Continue
He was the top salesperson before being named a partner and vice president of sales for the custom home company in Michigan's thumb region. But being a salesperson does not necessarily equate to becoming a great vice president...Continue
Profit margins in the manufacturing sector continue to narrow as costs increase and buyers become more insistent on maintaining or lowering current prices. This leaves manufacturers with little room for error. This is particularly challenging in the automotive industry where...Continue
Helpful article series
- 7 Deadly sins of signage.
- 5 Deadly small business mistakes.
- Top tips for using Linked In- a series of the top three best practices for using Linked In to build business.
- Top marketing mistakes- includes a humorous video of leading marketing mistakes.
- Differentiate the right way- a series of articles about best practices in attracting customers.
Business development by the numbers
- “60 Insights for Mastering Business Development”.
- “8 Pillars of Career and Business Success”.
- “5 Kick-A** Strategies Every Business Needs”: to explode sales, stun the competition, wow customers and achieve exponential growth.
- “The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership”: Follow them and people will follow you.
- “Life’s Leadership Lessons”: 53 anecdotal leadership lessons mostly from people in the Detroit area. Paperback or Kindle e-book.
- “The New Leader's 100-Day Action Plan”: How to take charge, build your team, and get immediate results