Not many hard news stories apply to human capital management professionals but each year a host of happenings have a high impact. The year 2012 was no different. Here is a summary of stories that had a meaningful application to HR Managers and other company leaders.
Jeremy Hoven, the pharmacist at a Benton Harbor Walgreens Drug Store lost his suit in Federal Court Wednesday as Judge Janet Neff affirmed businesses can prohibit employees from carrying legal firearms in the workplace. In fact Michigan law allows...
It was text messages that cost former Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick’s job and free time and now the federal government is using other text messages to make their case he is guilty of meddling in city issued...
Zig Ziglar was no stranger to Oakland County and Michigan as he spoke several times before sold-out crowds of business leaders and human capital managers including the “Get Motivated” events at the Palace of Auburn Hills. Ziglar...
- Employment Diversity In Michigan , a networking group on Linked In.
- Culture Bridges are a look at the contents of the character within each of us. Information is contained on more than 20 different categories of culture.
- Cultural Faux Pas is an interesting quiz about marketing mistakes made by others.
- Culture Quizzes allow you to test your cultural IQ with fun and informative quizzes.
- Life’ Leadership Lessons by Rick Weaver- 53 anecdotal leadership lessons. Paperback, e-book, Kindle.
Top books for those in leadership