I love classic Christmas cocktail drinks. While I enjoy many of the holiday drink recipes, I especially like a yummy holiday eggnog recipe. That said, growing up, my family was known to make a mean hot toddy, and I just recently added the chocolate peppermint stick to my list of faves.
Chocolate Christmas Dessert Recipes to go With Your Christmas Cocktail Drinks
- Nutella chocolate cake recipe
- Chocolate peppermint ice cream cake, easy chocolate cake ideas
- Oreo fudge brownies with chocolate chip cookie dough - recipes with brownie mix
About the Classic Christmas Cocktail Drinks
- Eggnog: When I look for a recipe for eggnog, I want something that really tastes of nutmeg and vanilla. I drink both the alcoholic and non-alcoholic versions of this popular Christmas cocktail. In the mornings during the month of Dec., it replaces half-and-half or cream in my coffee. At holiday parties, I opt for a holiday eggnog recipe that includes brandy and rum. Delish!
- Classic Martini: As I mentioned in one of my previous articles, this time of year, I'd love to take on a new identity -- namely that of Martha Stewart, who seems to have just the right recipe for everything, including classic Christmas cocktail drinks. This time, I borrow a martini recipe that's inspired by the likes of Mad Men. However, no matter which way you look at it, Martha Stewart holiday cocktails go with just about everything and are just plain fun to make.
- Peppermint Stick: The chocolate peppermint stick may just be my drink version of the delicious chocolate dessert. This belongs in the simple Christmas cocktails category, requiring only that you mix white creme de cacao, cream and peppermint schnapps until holiday cheer wafts from your glass.
- Hot Toddy: The hot toddy is a family favorite and is a great drink if you like warm Christmas cocktails. It's just tea (or coffee if you prefer) along with some brandy or rum. If you make it with coffee instead of tea, substitute the honey and lemon for half-and-half and a touch of sugar. May not be a classic Christmas cocktail if you make that way, but my family sure likes it.
- Champagne Cocktail: Finally, I look to the Food Network's Bobby Flay for a simple champagne cocktail. This version is a bit sweet due to the inclusion of sugar cubes and bitters. It's tasty and is the perfect capper to a holiday celebration.
More Drink Recipes and Information for Local Boise Cab Companies