At "XFC 17: Apocalypse" which took place on April 13, 2012 at Oman Arena in Jackson, Tennessee, Eric Reynolds, amputee Nick Newell, Marlon Maroes, Felice Herrig, among others, all added another win to their records.
In the Lightweight headliner battle between Eric Reynolds (15-5) and Luciano Dos Santos (9-6) - the fight went to 3-rounds before Reynolds was declared the winner via UD (unanimous decision.)
For the first 2-rounds of this mainly stand-up fight, the fighters went toe-to-toe, but in the final round, Reynolds proved to be too much for Dos Santos and the judges awarded him with the win for his efforts.
In "that's amazing!" news, lightweight fighter "Notorius" Nick Newell (7-0), a congenital amputee with just one fully-formed arm, earned a UD win over Chris Coggins (5-2), but not before he was threatened by several chokes that almost spelled his loss, courtesy of Coggins. In the end, however, Judge's gave him Rounds 1 and 3 for the win.
In the co-main event, former XFC Featherweight Champion, Jarrod Card, lost to Marlon Moraes, despite trying to regain his title. Moraes charged Card from the moment the bell rang, until the referee saved Card by stepping in and calling a stop to the action.
In female action, Felice Herrig and Patricia Vidonic provided a show that could only be called a slugfest! During Round 1, where the two fighters went back and forth agaist the cage, fighting for primary postion, Herrig then started getting Vidonic down, scoring points with her take downs and ground and pound. After all three rounds, Herrig emerged the victor via UD.
XFC 17: Apocalypse MAIN CARD Results:
- Eric Reynolds def. Luciano Dos Santos by unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Marlon Moraes def. Jarrod Card by knockout (punch) Rd. 1 (0:48)
- Nick Newell def. Chris Coggins by majority decision (28-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Felice Herrig def. Patricia Vidonic by unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28, 30-27)
- Charles Blanchard def. Johnny Davis by unanimous decision
- Jason Wood def. Ronnie Rogers by submission (guillotine) Rd. 2
- Joel Cooper def. Amaechi Oselukwue by unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
PRELIMINARY CARD Results:
- Teddy Holder def. Bobby Carter by submission (armbar) Rd. 1 (3:27)
- Bradley Stafford def. Tommy Roberts by majority decision (28-28, 30-26, 29-27)
- Steven Durr def. Michael Manley by unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
Next up for XFC in Tennessee will be XFC 18: Music City Mayhem on June 22, 2012 in Nashville TN. Go here for additional information, and local Knoxville, TN MMA fans should definitely plan to attend this event, as you'll see many of your favorite fighters on the card, such as: Devan Plaisance, Jonathan Ivey, Billy Mullins, Dustin West, Scott Holtzman, Luke Sanders, Chris WrightH, Heather Jo Clark and more!
For additional information, visit the Official XFC website.