Microsoft released a trailer Monday showcasing the upcoming games coming to the next-gen Xbox One console. This includes snippets from exclusives like TitanFall, Forza Motorsport 5, Dead Rising and more as well as multi-platform titles like Madden NFL 25, Battlefield 4 and Call of Duty: Ghosts.
The two-minute trailer is a "sizzle reel" released for the Gamescom convention in Cologne, Germany and makes especially sure to highlight whether games are exclusive to the Xbox One, have exclusive content or just won a boatload of awards during the E3 convention in June.
Those games with exclusive content include FIFA 14 with Ultimate Team content, Call of Duty: Ghosts continuing the timed exclusivity DLC deal from previous games in the series, and Battlefield 4 receiving the Second Assault content first on Xbox One.
Microsoft broke down its exclusive games and content as follows.
- 38% of titles are exclusive to Xbox One
- 37% of titles are brand-new IP
- 44% of titles will include either timed or exclusive content to Xbox One
- Microsoft exclusive titles received 272 award nominations and 111 wins at E3 2013.
- Xbox One titles earned 10 Game Critics Awards, with Xbox platform exclusive “Titanfall” taking home a record-breaking 6 awards, including “Best of Show.”
The Xbox One is due out sometime this November. Many are expecting Microsoft to announce an exact release date during the Gamecom conference while Sony has explicitly stated that the PS4 release date will be announced during its press conference.
You can follow Scott via Facebook, Twitter, RSS feed or email alerts for all the latest game news and deals as well as the weekly Furious Fourcast podcast/videocast. All game news on Examiner can be followed at the Game On Facebook page and Twitter feed.