The battle for sales supremacy has been a catalyst for dominance in the video game industry since multiple hardware devices were offered to the consumer. With the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Wii U battling it out this holiday season, any news regarding how these platforms are doing is an indication of their future success within the market.
Although the PlayStaion 4 has taken an early sales lead, it has not stopped Microsoft from boasting some pretty impressive sales figures themselves. Just how impressive? 2 million world wide sales in 18 days.
- 2 Million Consoles sold through in 13-markets in the first 18-days
- Over 83 million hours in games, TV, and apps on Xbox One since the system launched
- 39 million Xbox One achievements unlocked
- 595 million total Gamerscore achieved on Xbox One
- At peak demand, customers were ordering the Xbox One console at over 1000 units per minute on Amazon.com
The report came from Larry Hryb's blog, discussing the topic first hand. This is great news for the industry as a whole. Competition is what drives innovation; as long as this industry has fresh, competitive hardware competing with each other it only leads to more innovative features and software.
So what did you end up with this season; PlayStation 4, Xbox One or Wii U? Let me know by commenting below, subscribing to me here, on YouTube at YouTube/Pitmonkey and by following me on Twitter @NicholasGigante.