Fox is having a sweepstakes (open to adult U.S. residents only) that will send the winner and a guest on expenses-paid trips to the season finales of "The X Factor" in the U.S. and the U.K. in 2013. The exact dates of the season finales are to be announced, but ITV's "The X Factor" U.K.'s season finale on the first or second Saturday and Sunday December, while Fox's "The X Factor" U.S. season finale is usually on the Wednesday and Thursday before Christmas. So that would mean that "The X Factor" U.K.'s season finale in 2013 is likely to be on Dec. 7 and Dec. 8 or Dec. 14 or Dec. 15. "The X Factor" U.S. season finale in 2013 is likely to be on Dec. 18 and Dec. 19.
The sweepstakes (called "The X Factor From London to LA Sweepstakes") began on Sept. 11, 2013 and ends on Nov. 7, 2013 at 11:59 p.m. EST.
The grand prize (for the winner and the winner's guest) includes:
- Roundtrip airfare/hotel to and from London
- Tickets to attend the Season Finale of "The X Factor" U.K. in London
- Roundtrip airfare/hotel to and from Los Angeles
- Tickets to attend the Season Finale of "The X Factor" U.S. in Los Angeles
- $250 in spending money for each trip
There are several restrictions to enter the sweepstakes. They include:
- People who enter the sweepstakes must be at least 18 years old and live in the U.S. at the time they enter the sweepstakes.
- Residents of New York state and Florida are not eligible for the sweepstakes. Residents of Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Guam and other U.S. territories outside the contiguous United States are also not eligible for the sweepstakes.
- Employees of Fox, Fox Entertainment Group, Inc., Fox Networks Group, Inc., Simco Limited, Syco TV, Blue Orbit Productions, Inc., FremantleMedia North America, the producers of any Fox programming and each of their respective parent companies, affiliates, divisions, subsidiaries, agents, representatives and promotion and advertising agencies are not eligible. Family members and people who live in the same households as these employees are also not eligible.
- The winner must have a valid U.S. passport and must be able to travel on short notice from late November to early December 2013 (for the London trip) and from Dec. 18 to 21, 2013 (for the Los Angeles trip). If the winner does not need to travel by airplane to Los Angeles, then a cash prize will be used as a substitute, at the discretion of the sweepstakes sponsor.
- Winner must be willing to document and share his or her prize experiences using a flip camera to be provided on loan by the sponsor for such purpose.
To obtain a copy of the winner list or a copy of the official rules of the sweepstakes, send your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to " The X Factor From London to LA Sweepstakes" Winner's List/Rules, 189 South Orange Ave., Suite 1130A, Orlando, FL 32801. Requests for the names of the winners must be received no later than March 1, 2014. Vermont residents may omit return postage.