WWE held the last Raw of 2013 tonight, with some major news for the first pay-per-view of 2014 coming out of it, among other news.
- Stephanie McMahon announced that the Main Event of the Royal Rumble will be Randy Orton defending the WWE World Heavyweight Championship against John Cena in a return match from the TLC pay-per-view where the titles were unified. McMahon stated the match would be a traditional match in which you could only win via pinfall or submission. Whether this means that the match will be no count out, no disqualification is yet to be seen. The Royal Rumble takes place Sunday, January 26th, 2014 from Pittsburgh's CONSOL Energy Center.
- Brock Lesnar returned to the WWE tonight, with Paul Heyman in tow. They announced that Lesnar has every intention of becoming WWE World Heavyweight Champion, and will take out whomever wins the Orton-Cena matchup. Lesnar stated he would not get in line and would not enter the Royal Rumble match to get his title shot, but that he was the self-proclaimed number one contender. The World's Strongest Man, Mark Henry, took issue with this and confronted Lesnar. After a short back and forth that featured Mark Henry going through the security wall, Lesnar laid out the former Olympian with an F5 on the outside.
- Daniel Bryan has gone to the buzzards. Bryan looked to end the year by taking out Bray Wyatt, but was forced to go through the rest of the Wyatt Family before getting his chance. After taking out Luke Harper and Erick Rowan, Bryan got his opportunity but was cut off by the monster henchmen of the Wyatt Family. After a speech from Bray Wyatt, Bryan agreed that Wyatt was right all along and asked to join the Wyatt Family, in an eerie send off to a whirlwind 2013.
- The Shield seems to be cracking at the seams, with Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins trying to one up Roman Reigns, who is poised to break away from the group in 2014 and break out in the WWE.
- Batista returns on January 20, 2014, a mere 6 days before the Royal Rumble. Something tells me that he will have a different take on exactly who the number one contender for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship should be. Might we see Batista take on Brock Lesnar either before or at WrestleMania? Tell me what you think in the comments below!
Follow me on Twitter and be sure to subscribe above to get emailed once the latest article is posted. Don’t forget to join me on Facebook, Google+ and Pinterest and subscribe to my YouTube channel for all the latest news.